December 29, 2007
Check out the results:
December 26, 2007
- Go to the bottom of your blog and right-click on Subscribe to: Posts(Atom)
- Copy the link
- Go to widgetbox.com
- Look for BLIDGET, and follow the instructions. The feed URL is the one you´ve copied (from Subscribe to...)
- Customize your blidget and publish it.
December 20, 2007
November 10, 2007
November 9, 2007
October 30, 2007
October 14, 2007
October 6, 2007
September 21, 2007
September 16, 2007
September 13, 2007
September 12, 2007
September 11, 2007
September 9, 2007
a WANTED POSTER
September 1, 2007
August 27, 2007
August 24, 2007
This is a wonderful recording of an Alado session which took place some time in August 2007, called "Reading Treasures Show". Teachers from various countries talk about what they do to create reading opportunities for their students. I'd like to congratulate all of them on this wonderful work!
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THEIR DISCUSSION
August 15, 2007
This is an interesting activity suggested in Larry Ferlazzo's blog from the site myabodo.com. You fix your virtual house and learn about being more environmently correct.
* PLAY this "what's this?"game. It's very good for beginners.
* GAME: Clothes line
SATOSHINI list of games.
August 13, 2007
August 10, 2007
August 6, 2007
August 2, 2007
http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/ttp/ttpbooks.html (Gladys's suggestion)(Enchanting!)
Some of Larry's links:
- http://professorgarfield.org/pgf_ReadingRing.html Put cartoon strips in order and answer comprehension questions. (Great!)
- http://reading.ecb.org/student/index.html It's not fully ready yet but focusses on reading strategies.
- http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/interactive/onlinestory.htm#talk a collection of online reading stories.
- http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/book_buddy/gr1_4lily/skill_ae.html Drawing conclusions. (simple but interesting)
- http://www.dfes.gov.uk/readwriteplus/learning_material/portal/predicting-meaning_lit_e2/m01/t08/index.htm Predicting meaning
- http://www.dfes.gov.uk/readwriteplus/learning_material/portal/checking-the-meaning-of-words_lit_e3/m01/t24/index.htm Using a dictionary
- http://www.studyzone.org/testprep/ela4/i/enviroprintp.cfm Reading Street signs
- http://www.learnenglish.org.uk/stories_poems_archive_frame.html a collection of stories from BBC
- http://www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglish-central-stories-archive.htm collection of stories
- http://www.britishcouncil.org/kids-stories.htm stories for kids
- http://www.stories.org.br/ the same TRUE story in English and portuguese side by side.
- http://www.indianchild.com/short_stories.htm SHORT stories.
- http://www.englishclub.com/reading/short-stories.htm short stories graded by level.
These ones I found in Libardo´s blog:
- http://www.zapdramatic.com/mod1.htm You can read, listen and watch a very exciting story. You are even asked to interact with the events. SUPERB!
- http://www.3xplus.com/pasnet01/scrpasnet01US.htm another interactive DETECTIVE story.
- http://www.kizclub.com/Sbody.html Different stories to read and listen, 3 different levels.
- http://www.nwlg.org/pages/resources/owl/OWL3Book1/Book01/default.htm this story explains about opposites in an interesting way.
- http://www.go4english.com/ffk/archive.php?lang=en&cid=10041002 Great stories.
- http://americanhistory.si.edu/onthemove/games/game2/game2.html The time machine. I had great fun travelling in time!
July 29, 2007
July 27, 2007
July 26, 2007
July 24, 2007
July 9, 2007
July 8, 2007
July 7, 2007
- Get Your Own
These are suggestions from various teachers from the "Learning with Computers" community.
- English Vocabulary Quizzes using images
- OUP word games
- vocabulary.co.il (Fantastic)
- languageguide (word + sound + picture)
- tvo KIDS
- Make faces
- Weather lesson
- Disney Vocabulary game
- Memory Game
- Family Game
This is a great video activity created by Renée "My favourites".
June 30, 2007
Great tool for learners! You type the word or sentence you want, choose the accent and listen to the pronunciation. Fantastic! CLICK HERE and try it.
DOCH LISTS this site brings a list of words which when selected you can hear in a sentence (the voices are very cute)
SIGHT WORDS has various activities for beginner students. Very Good!
STARFALL very good for reading practice.
Try the CALENDAR story
You won't believe your eyes! An amazing site for learners for vocabulary and grammar practice.
very interesting. Try the different levels.
click on a word, hear how it's pronounced, see and hear the word in a sentence, see a picture and read an explanation.
vocabulary activities for kids
REALL LANGUAGES various soundspell games (memory game to be played by two people, very good!)
June 27, 2007
And best of all, it's all for free! Fantastic!